Friday, March 19, 2010

Off with a bang! (or a whimper, that depends on you)

I've had a blog before.

It went ok, but I got bored after a while. So why am I doing it again? A need to express myself? Could be. Then again, it's probably due to more than a dozen reasons, ranging from writing practice to venting some fury!

Whatever it happens to be, this blog is about my life in Malaysia, a country not of my birth and certainly not of my culture. Yet what a place it is.

I need to talk about their 'ways', their peculiarities, their foibles, not to mention mine! I also feel a need to put up posts for some of my students, of whom I have many. I may touch on grammar or vocabulary, I might rant about the need for travel, or I could just be putting myself out there for the whole wide world to examine - or not.

About me there is much, but I begin with this.

Married, 33 going on 34, 4 children (shock, horror!), a teacher of English, a pilot by passion, a rugby player in my dreams, a wity but slightly acerbic type of personage, a wannabe traveller, a motorbike-rider-has-been-and-wanna-be-again, a postulator and a sage.

Other than that, a normal kinda guy. Just don't get me drunk.

2 comments: